• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Could it be true?

On 3/23/2021 at 2:13 AM, OpalSnow said:

I'm also very glad its back.

Return? Yes. This year? Perhaps. Really depends on if I can find time.

Hey man, it's nice to see you're still around after all these years.

Hope you can find some time to make something up, the nostalgia trip would be amazing.

Have you been keeping up with the MMORPGs news and will you be trying them out whenever they launch? (AoC, NewWorld, etc) It would be great to create an L2-relations-Guild.

Hope y'all keeping safe :) 

@Highquality I will do my best.

@Art The chronicle would be Interlude. That does not mean we cannot include features from later chronicles. I am a huge favor of newer chronicle features while maintaining the authentic feel of the game.

I can't wait to start developing for Sublimity again but my hands are tied at the moment. I will also have to come up with a new way of developing to make the most of time. One of the things I can come up with this second is to have players test and contribute to the creation and quality of features / gameplay. How? I am not sure yet. The way I see it right now is to make some of our files available for people to modify and together come up with the right concept or together finish the task at hand. Think of an auto-farm feature where the sequence of skills are pre-defined per class and per level. I would have to code the foundation, documentation and further develop based on the community's input where as the community could come together to create (based on the documentation), test, mark for release and even maintain the feature post-launch in terms of changes / fixes. Interesting concept but it has to be though through very carefully.

I hope for a long time to have a new world of L2Sublimity to play and remember past times that I miss.

Exile was the best world, I hope to see something like that.

It's good to see you return, friend!

@OpalSnow  I don't mean this in a bad way, but the standards for Interlude server files have become extremely high. I don't doubt you can come up with something that rivals the standards set by the popular craft servers, but you yourself said you have very limited time.

So why not go this at another angle? Sublimity's main draw has always been nostalgia. Why not cash full on nostalgia and bring back Exile? Fixing a few known bugs there shouldn't be that time consuming, right? Files are generally ready and you can always throw in some features from 2017 server.

As for 'autofarm features', you don't have to complicate things, as you always like to do. Just increase the range of next target action (like it is on later chronicles) and include one of the many popular interfaces in your client. Most interfaces for Interlude have looping automacros that when properly used can emulate an 'autofarm' feature. We can make some tutorials so players unfamiliar with these can properly use them as well. No need to complicate things.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:41 PM, Realisto said:

@OpalSnow  I don't mean this in a bad way, but the standards for Interlude server files have become extremely high. I don't doubt you can come up with something that rivals the standards set by the popular craft servers, but you yourself said you have very limited time.

@OpalSnow He is not wrong. The top/biggest server (To me at least) out now is L2 Scryde and its very popular. Over 40 pts at Baium popular. If you want to compete and keep L2 Sub alive you need to be creative (I dont doubt that). Seems to me like C6 is old news these days. Is it possible to get a higher chronicle like as an example H5? I think Gracia Final was one time used for L2 Sub if I am not mistaken. The higher chronicles with 100x exp rate seem to be doing much better in 2021. (Just my opinion) 

3 hours ago, Art said:

@OpalSnow He is not wrong. The top/biggest server (To me at least) out now is L2 Scryde and its very popular. Over 40 pts at Baium popular. If you want to compete and keep L2 Sub alive you need to be creative (I dont doubt that). Seems to me like C6 is old news these days. Is it possible to get a higher chronicle like as an example H5? I think Gracia Final was one time used for L2 Sub if I am not mistaken. The higher chronicles with 100x exp rate seem to be doing much better in 2021. (Just my opinion) 

Interlude is still very popular, but not basic Interlude as you remember it. Basically, every big-name russian/eastern european L2 server community has their own version of 'Interlude+' files that incoporate features, skills and qol changes from later chronicles or add completely new ones.

Gracia would be amazing, but I'm not sure how relevant Opal's old files are. That's why I suggested a totally nostalgia throwback server that might trigger interest in Sublimity again and if the interest seems to be there then Opal can invest in files for later chronicles and/or more modern Interlude ones.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, Realisto said:

Interlude is still very popular, but not basic Interlude as you remember it. Basically, every big-name russian/eastern european L2 server community has their own version of 'Interlude+' files that incoporate features, skills and qol changes from later chronicles or add completely new ones.

Gracia would be amazing, but I'm not sure how relevant Opal's old files are. That's why I suggested a totally nostalgia throwback server that might trigger interest in Sublimity again and if the interest seems to be there then Opal can invest in files for later chronicles and/or more modern Interlude ones.

I would not mind a C6+ as you say. I would also like to see certain skills and features from other chronicles.

@OpalSnow How difficult would it be to implement mass sweep, certifications, attribute stones? To name a few examples.

@Art These features can be implemented. Attribute stones will be hard to implement into the description of the weapon but nonetheless somehow we can make it work. I am a huge fan of adding new things to the game. In fact I believe it is a must.

@Realisto Very happy to hear the quality of L2 servers have increased. Our Gracia Final files are somewhat ok but it would require quite some work to make it function properly within our network. I also have some newer chronicles but those all require a lot of work. Coming back to what you've said earlier - Exile would be a great base for that.

I believe we need to, instead of re-creating servers constantly, rather pick off from a great solid foundation that we have set with previous servers. Then each new server in the future can feel new by adding new features but also feel authentic and of quality by having the features/changes of previous servers implemented from the start where applicable. Both Quality of Life changes but also solid features we've enjoyed. Some of my friends have been playing Path of Exile and the thing they explained to me is that they pick off from the last server's base. They add some new features and make changes changes to then wipe the entire thing and relaunch at a specific date.

Thank you for all of your time and thoughts guys.

- Whatever @OpalSnow launches it will be sucessfull i mean L2 is dead and toxic asf ... i just wanna play a nostalogic server with nostalogic features with old people from Sublimity and have a " place " to stay tbh... i ain't waiting because 4 months has passed since the " new's " about the new 2021 Sublimity comming up... and my " hype " is at the bottom right now because in 4 months we had none " spoilers " " news " whatsoever... but i guess time is needed but in 4 months i think much things can be done with 30 mintues or either 1Hour of developing , because u guys aren't new on Dev's and Opal is called on of the best dev's around the l2 community for nothing, lets hope the project comes up !

On 4/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, MuufinoGG said:

- Whatever @OpalSnow launches it will be sucessfull i mean L2 is dead and toxic asf ... i just wanna play a nostalogic server with nostalogic features with old people from Sublimity and have a " place " to stay tbh... i ain't waiting because 4 months has passed since the " new's " about the new 2021 Sublimity comming up... and my " hype " is at the bottom right now because in 4 months we had none " spoilers " " news " whatsoever... but i guess time is needed but in 4 months i think much things can be done with 30 mintues or either 1Hour of developing , because u guys aren't new on Dev's and Opal is called on of the best dev's around the l2 community for nothing, lets hope the project comes up !

L2 is not dead at all. Thousands still play. They just need servers to focus them.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:34 AM, OpalSnow said:

@Highquality I will do my best.

@Art The chronicle would be Interlude. That does not mean we cannot include features from later chronicles. I am a huge favor of newer chronicle features while maintaining the authentic feel of the game.

I can't wait to start developing for Sublimity again but my hands are tied at the moment. I will also have to come up with a new way of developing to make the most of time. One of the things I can come up with this second is to have players test and contribute to the creation and quality of features / gameplay. How? I am not sure yet. The way I see it right now is to make some of our files available for people to modify and together come up with the right concept or together finish the task at hand. Think of an auto-farm feature where the sequence of skills are pre-defined per class and per level. I would have to code the foundation, documentation and further develop based on the community's input where as the community could come together to create (based on the documentation), test, mark for release and even maintain the feature post-launch in terms of changes / fixes. Interesting concept but it has to be though through very carefully.

PAY ATTENTION HOW HE SAID IT ON APRIL'S 1ST. I NOTICE THESE THINGS.