Welcome to L2Sublimity

Welcome to the L2Sublimity forum. Register now to gain access to all of our unique features. Once registered and logged in, the accounts you will create will be linked to your forum account - allowing you to manage your game accounts easily. Next to that - you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Unleashed

Just some thoughts

So i saw in the FB page that you're planning to release a new server, but at this point i'd say such thing would last a couple months at best, since the core player base  already moved on into newer games and such. I believe L2 as old as it is, can deliver some fun for those nostalgia players that tend to come back to this server, however imho you need to take in consideration few things as it is obvious that you don't have some marketing guy to give you advice.

First of all, i think is not all about whatever gameplay you can actually develop, but instead those features that make hardcore and casual players to feel rewarded for the time they invest ingame. Unless this is some cashgrab server i believe you must take in account all the little things that make a player to stick around. For instance, stuff like PVP and PVE alternatives to keep you entertained no matter in what time you log in, also, stuff such as cosmetics, gear upgrades and things you can get regardless if you invest money in donations or not. Nowadays most of MMOs have already moved on into a micro transaction  model with cosmetic / utility stuff you can get ingame if you work to get them, but also let's not forget about Interlude's limitations, idk how much of the new content you can actually add into this chronicle so people can have available fresh stuff to work towards. My past experiences with this server and others i've seen around is that at some point you get bored due the time you have to invest to gear yourself to be competitive, also when donations are released pretty much the game gets screwed over, leaving new player with a long way to actually participate in whatever the game has to offer.

i guess what i'm trying to say could be explained in the following suggestions:

1.-Make PVP and PVE stuff that can get people invested in the game.

2.-Add a bunch of cosmetic stuff, perks and so on for people to work towards.

3.-Think about your donation stuff so it won't affect the balance in competitive game.

4.-Create game mods that keep players with end game gear interested in the game (i mean you don't have to be a rockets scientist to figure out that people cares about how their character looks like, what they do in a daily basis and how to get some prestige among the population for what they do).

5.-Think about the balance in the time a hardcore player and a casual player have to invest to actually PVP or PVE with a decent chance for success (personally i think most of us are already produtive members of the society so it would be odd to be able to nolife like in the old times)

Remember that most of us just want some nostalgia fix, have fun, talk with old friends, pwn people (or mobs), look cool and have something to feel good about your performance ingame. Probably i'm asking a lot but i mean, if you get a capable staff that actually works to actually keep the players entertained i think you can earn more shekels in the long run by having an active server than some shit that would last 2 months or so.

My best wishes and sorry for the shitty english :^)

- Forum is kinda dead ... but what ideia about cosmetics isnt bad and was discussed in the past ... but nothing was done... nowadays admins pay for the clans to join in their server due the fact that this game has 14 y old and nobody wanna waste time here ... lets see if sublimity comesback with nostalogia of Elven fortress and watsup :D !

I agree with you @Unleashed. With all that you have said it makes it -that- much important that we have a proper testing phase before we go live. The testing phase will then allow us to evaluate the gameplay and see if the balance is right. Obviously everyone's definition of "balance" is different and therefore it is such that we need to set standards before we cna begin to evaluate.

What I have noticed is that there is not enough to do. What we need to do is have the right core activities (grinding, raiding, pvp'ing) in place and build additional activities (npc-events, game-mods, tournaments, gm-events, features, cosmetics, additional stats for those who are willing to invest extra time in it) around it. This allows players to do different things besides the grind. We have some good features in mind that are needed for any future server but the more the merrier. In my opinion, the game needs to be flooded with additional activities besides the core activities without it affecting the game's feeling or adding unnecessary complexity. When the time is right we need to map all activities out and evaluate them, and then keep doing that even after the server has launched. This way we can get the maximum out of the game.

One thing is for sure. With the anti-bot in place, it is going to be a much different game than before. Of course, the possible danger of this is that people are not able to invest the time needed into their character. This has always been a thing though. There are some that are able to play more than others and back in the day we managed to make it playable for others by power-leveling their characters. Teamwork is a vital part of the game that has vanished with all the botting that has been going on. We need to bring it back. But yes, I do believe that that there are way less people that are able to play all day then there was back in the day. This is why it is important that we create balance in all the activities. Making it grindy is one thing, but plain unrealistic is something else.

I am in favour of micro-transactions for donations. I believe it is the right way to go. But do not forget there are people out there that simply want to donate and play with their friends. We need to be able to somewhat be able to cater to those players as well.

Last but not least, new features. I believe that for this server I want to bring back the nostalgic feeling of Lineage II rather than implementing new areas and new things. Of course, if you know is well you know that we always innovate and do our best to provide new exciting features and that will remain. But we're going to put emphasis on the nostalgic feeling that has been lost with all the changes that have been going on within the Lineage II scene.

@MuufinoGG A lot of people want to see Exile back but when I make mention that Exile will be back one day as our last and final server, they tend to change their minds.

Thanks Unleashed. Your message has been well-received.

I think the best thing you can do is delete those suggestion topics and stop listening to people who will quit after 2 weeks no matter what features would you add. The truth is that people will keep quiting when other new fresh server will be alive, trash community :< 

Exile is fine and i think will be the server that stands still for much time possible , people will not quit neither leave it if your exile project is polished in my honest opinion you gotta give some credit to spoil and crafter classes like before etc etc ,,, the old fashioned way of doing sub and noble...

Every Interlude server in the last year has failed in less than a month. It's not a matter of  server quality, even russians with massive budgets can't keep their interlude servers alive more than a month, wether it's x50 craft/pvp or x1 lowrates.

I don't see how Sublimity can be any different. Someone will lose, someone will quit, the other side will have no competition and get bored, someone else will get mad over donations, or over nerfing classes that donators can't beat, etc etc. While this happens in every server, the community is just not big enough in interlude highrate for these things to not matter.

Only by going into another chronicle and attracting a new audience you can have a chance. Interlude highrate atm is just 1-week java kids and russians and ruskies don't play custom servers.

Meanwhile, there's a massive gap that needs filling in hellbound or gracia mid-rates.

And please, for the love of god, don't design any feature with the delusion that your anti-bot will stop anyone serious or experienced enough.

Sublimity is the only hope for that all , i dont care what features / rates / chronicle just bring it on asap

Well @OpalSnow, I will just leave these questions:

Why L2Classic.club is lasting this long? Why their game catches so many people? Is it 'cause they are the old Lineage II, hardcore, original?

I know everyone is kinda old right now, and is dedicating a lot of time to their jobs, but I believe the main key to have a good server is TO BE kinda like before.

And, Opal, are you more worried about solving problems (like anti-bot) or in reviving lineage II characteristics (originals and from past/actual servers)? worried in creating a mix of  many good characteristics? If you are doing the second option, well you're doing it well, but if you're doing first one, well, I advise you, go to the second one. To revive game characteristics and steal good ideas from other servers, would be the best to do imho. Like a work of art.

There were servers in the past, like L2Pride, who "locked" some problems by doing something considered primitive and not very beautiful by the "designer's eye". We, the players, all noticed that, but did not gave much fuck and kept playing and enjoying the qualities.

Also, I believe that Nietzsche said once something really true: "good writers have two things in common: they prefer to be understood rather than admired; and they do not write for knowing and over-acute readers." That philosophy applies to a good lineage server. The good lineage server, as a work of art, want to be more understood than loved, and the last thing they want is to catch stupid players.

Great input from you guys. Thanks a lot. I do agree with Realisto as its time for us to move on to another chronicle. Perhaps it'll happen next year. It is still one of our goals to bring Classic-Interlude one day as we'll be able to bring Interlude to you guys with a whole different and new feel to it. It is also our goal to expand our realm to another chronicle. We're excited for our Classic-Interlude but unfortunately, it is still going to take a while, and in the meantime, we'll have some other servers/chronicles in line.

@albertoBALSAM Correct it is a good idea to be inspired by other servers. Why not make use of something that was proven to be good. As for Classic.club, it is simply because they are the only one able to provide that which people ask for. Also, the nature of their server (you actually have to invest in your character) makes it such that it lasts much longer.

We are by no means where we want to be. Even for this server I am quite sure things will not go smooth or as we want it to be. It is a process that will take more time, preparation, budget and experience. For now we will deal with our upcoming server in the most professional of ways we are able to.

We're excited about our upcoming server. So far it's still all in development and there's not much information to provide. One thing is for sure - it'll be worthwhile, and that's for the simple fact that Sublimity brings people back together. That's where our strength lies.

On 23/1/2018 at 11:43 PM, OpalSnow said:

Great input from you guys. Thanks a lot. I do agree with Realisto as its time for us to move on to another chronicle. Perhaps it'll happen next year. It is still one of our goals to bring Classic-Interlude one day as we'll be able to bring Interlude to you guys with a whole different and new feel to it. It is also our goal to expand our realm to another chronicle. We're excited for our Classic-Interlude but unfortunately, it is still going to take a while, and in the meantime, we'll have some other servers/chronicles in line.

@albertoBALSAM Correct it is a good idea to be inspired by other servers. Why not make use of something that was proven to be good. As for Classic.club, it is simply because they are the only one able to provide that which people ask for. Also, the nature of their server (you actually have to invest in your character) makes it such that it lasts much longer.

We are by no means where we want to be. Even for this server I am quite sure things will not go smooth or as we want it to be. It is a process that will take more time, preparation, budget and experience. For now we will deal with our upcoming server in the most professional of ways we are able to.

We're excited about our upcoming server. So far it's still all in development and there's not much information to provide. One thing is for sure - it'll be worthwhile, and that's for the simple fact that Sublimity brings people back together. That's where our strength lies.

Are you willing to make the small necessary hotfixes that are needed asap this time? Instead of delaying small but crucial changes for some big update that comes 2 weeks later when server's already diminishing and people are jumping ship?

I still don't understand why it was so hard for you to take the server down at like 7am every day and make the small changes to mob and raid drops etc that were needed, when they were needed.

Anyway, I really want to see another succesful Sublimity server but I can't really see it happening with the current state of the Interlude community. Who's even gonna play here, Treshak, Ferrari, a few BRs and 1 pt of tf?

16 hours ago, ctrldeletealt said:

if tF dont play, server wont make it:)

Mby if TF aint playing here the server will stay open for a longtime, we don`t need allot of people who are botting or using clicker..

3 hours ago, xObi said:

Mby if TF aint playing here the server will stay open for a longtime, we don`t need allot of people who are botting or using clicker..

And yet it was tF people that were still playing and trying to revive server even after everyone else quit.

whatever you do please take in consideration some marketing advice, like how to boost your social media, your business model and the features you're trying to make regarding to what the other MMORPG games are doing.

i know for a fact that some guys that are good at making some cool stuff  and features end up frustrated because their idea didn't paid off. if i remember well most of nostalgia players on this server are a bunch of weirdos who like to shit on everything that goes on this place, so i wouldn't put my bets on them. You need to capitalize in what is going on with the Lineage brand, such as the retail players leaving because it became Pay to Win or all these fresh players the mobile games are getting into this brand. Plus there's a big player base orbiting private servers  because of nostalgia and whatnot.

some people do actually trust on your work (such as myself), but i think all the last times something just went wrong because it wasn't planned in the long term. Nowadays you can find on fucking youtube every sort of coaching/marketing tools to help you to plan how your project will evolve and how to virtually predict anything that can happen and make corrections. Also remember that you're selling emotions, nostalgia and shit like that, so any feature you make should be focused on that fact instead on what you think would look cool. 

On 1/25/2018 at 12:37 AM, ctrldeletealt said:

1st rule of new server. static epics. rest is w/e.

its best way to satisfy whole community and keep quality pvp consistent

56 minutes ago, Orlowski said:

its best way to satisfy whole community and keep quality pvp consistent

And here we go again xD fights about which timezone it should be. 

Roation epics with small respawn times are much better than static epics. Static epics make some sense in theory, but you're opening such a massive can of worms it's not really worth it.

The only epics that should be considered static are dragons.

Classic sounds great tbh, it kinda takes all the bullshit away, but i know people loves shiny stuff so i don't know... anyways, in any case they should make epics with a gear limitation so everyone can fight for it, idk like A grade+ or some shit.